After much deliberation and planning, New Hope is ready and excited to press ahead with our 2020-2021 Upward Basketball Season! The leadership and staff have come up with a plan to have precautionary measures in place during the COVID-19 crisis that we believe still allow for a fun and enjoyable basketball experience. You may click here to read through those policies and procedures. One of those changes to this year's league is that there will be limited available spots for registration so be sure to get signed up right away! Scroll down to find more info and to get your player registered!
As a part of our effort to minister to your whole family, New Hope provides an organized Basketball league for children in 1st-6th grades. We have partnered with a nationally recognized organization called Upward Sports whose goal is to promote the discovery of Jesus through sports. Upward provides New Hope with the organizational structure and resources necessary for us to host a quality sports league while still allowing participants to have equal amounts of playing time and instruction. Today, approximately half a million players at more than 2,000 churches in 47 states participate in camps, clinics, and leagues through Upward Sports. For more information on the Upward Sports organization please click here. New Hope provides this ministry at no cost to families but donations are accepted and greatly appreciated!
Scroll down for registration info.
Be sure to like our Upward Basketball Facebook page to keep up with the league!
Upward Basketball 2020-2021 League Information
Eligible Players: 1st-6th Grade Boys & Girls
Registration Deadline: October 31st
Cost: Free! (Click here to make a donation)
(Every player MUST attend one to have a skills evaluation for determining team placement as well as to be fitted for a uniform)
Thursday November 12th, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Saturday November 14th, 10:00am-12:00pm
Monday November 16th, 6:30pm-8:30pm
1st Game - Jan. 9th
Last Game: Feb. 27th
Awards Celebration Feb. 27th
Ready to Register? Please keep the following in mind:
- Registration is not complete and children will not be placed on teams until they have attended one of the skills evaluations listed above.
- It is important to show up to as many practices and games as possible for the sake of the whole team and opposing teams to have equal playing opportunity.
- We will do our best to accommodate certain requests, but keep in mind that it is not possible to meet all requests.
- If after you register, you decide not to play with us, please be sure to inform the league about your decision.
- Certain league-wide precautions will be in effect this year due to COVID-19. Please click here to see our Upward Basketball COVID-19 policy and procedures. By registering your child to play in our league you are agreeing to adhere to these policies.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER A PLAYER
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY AS A VOLUNTEER